Parsha Discussion (Short stimulating discussions for the Shabbat Table)
1. Are Morals Innate? (How did Cain know it was wrong to Murder?)
1. The Faith of Abraham – Why is Avraham's background missing from the Torah?
Lech Lecha Parsha Discussion Topics
1. Is Faith innate? Did Abraham find God at age 3 or age 40? And what is the difference between innate faith
and mature faith?
2. Sins of the Patriarchs. The Patriarchs and Matriarchs are seen as role models and people of virtue. But what happens when the Tanakh depicts them as acting problematically? Can we issue criticism? Does that criticism diminish them?
3. Why Circumcision? Jews circumcise their sons as a covenant and a sense of continuity.
But what values does this ritual express?
1. The Legacy of Sarah - The structure of Parashat Chayei Sarah
1. Birth Rights: Does the Firstborn Matter?
2. Which Yeshiva did Yaakov Attend? (blog)
3. Yaakov Stoned! (blog)
2. Joseph's Wagons – Midrashic Echoes
1. The Blessings Of The Tribes: Blessing? Curses? Or what?